Re: I-D Action: draft-ietf-httpbis-client-hints-12.txt

One thought from an outside perspective on this draft:

>    Therefore, features relying on this document to define Client Hint
>    headers MUST NOT provide new information that is otherwise not
>    available to the application via other means, such as existing
>    request headers, HTML, CSS, or JavaScript.

I understand the goal of this paragraph, but surely we would also like to
reduce information exposure via those channels, in order to channel
information through the client-hints mechanism, where it can be audited and
limited?  Perhaps "MUST NOT provide information that is otherwise not
avaliable at the time of standardization" would be clearer, or a sentence
like "However, reducing information exposure through other means does not
require deprecating the corresponding Client-Hint if one has already been
defined.".