Adoption of draft-richanna-http-message-signatures

From: Mark Nottingham <mnot@mnot.net>
Date: Wed, 4 Mar 2020 09:59:39 +1100
Cc: Tommy Pauly <tpauly@apple.com>
To: HTTP Working Group <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>
WG participants,

After consultation with the Security and ART Area Directors, we will be adopting this document.

However, we will need to liaise with the just-forming WPACK Working Group to try to avoid duplicated effort; if the solution we deliver can be adjusted (if necessary) to meet their needs, that would be a desirable outcome.

Also, we will consider the architectural issues raised during the CfA period as being in-scope; in particular, our solution should work well with Encrypted Content-Encoding (RFC8188), and draft-thomson-http-content-signature should be considered as an input document.

As has been the case for many of our other drafts, adoption of this draft does _not_ signal consensus on any of its contents -- it is only considered a starting point, and we can change any (or all) of its contents as we progress. As such, please consider adoption as a signal of start of work in an area, rather than a strong indicator of direction.

Cheers,

Mark and Tommy, HTTP WG Chairs