Re: GET / DELETE request bodies

> On Feb 24, 2020, at 8:19 AM, Cory Benfield <cory@lukasa.co.uk> wrote:
> But your forceful response on this seems to be out of line with the
> highly equivocal language in the RFC. It would have cost nothing for
> the RFC, instead of saying "A payload within a GET request has no
> defined semantics", to say "A payload in a GET request MUST be
> ignored". This doesn't forbid sending it, just forbids doing anything
> with it, and seems closer to your intent.

We tried that and people chose to interpret "ignored" as "do not parse".

> Are you open to considering a work item for the next round of drafts
> to consider adding normative language that matches your position on
> request bodies?

There are closed issues for GET and DELETE:

  https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/202

  https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/258

which were merged for the next drafts:

  https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/300/files

If that language is still not enough, then we can reopen them on review.

....Roy