RE: Call for Adoption: Extensible Prioritization Scheme for HTTP

I also support adoption.  The e2e/h2h distinction is tricky, and beyond the immediate usefulness of this work, it’s also a good venue in which to work out the distinction between those two concepts.

From: Patrick McManus <mcmanus@ducksong.com>
Sent: Thursday, November 21, 2019 4:23 AM
To: Tommy Pauly <tpauly@apple.com>
Cc: HTTP Working Group <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>
Subject: Re: Call for Adoption: Extensible Prioritization Scheme for HTTP

I strongly support adoption. We don't want to end up with a gap in client priority due to the h3 transition so timeliness matters. The broad input it has already received makes it the right candidate for the WG to begin work on - the core tension around e2e vs hop-2-hop is one we have in a number of places and is something we might just have to focus on how we can put as much of it into upgradable pieces that we can replace later. In any event, that's something for the WG to deal with after adoption.

-Patrick