New I-D: Security Considerations Regarding Compression Dictionaries

From: W. Felix Handte <w@felixhandte.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2019 19:20:09 -0400
To: HTTP Working Group <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>
Hello all,

At IETF 104, I presented a teaser of the exploratory work I've been
doing into dictionary-based compression for HTTP [0]. At the time, I
promised that I would follow up with an analysis of the security
properties of dictionary-based compression.

That time has come! I've just uploaded a draft [1] that attempts to
address that need and provide a useful survey of the interactions
between dictionaries, internet protocols, and security.

I would eventually like for this document to find a home in the HTTP WG;
your feedback and thoughts are greatly appreciated.

I look forward to seeing you all in Singapore!

Thanks,
Felix

[0] https://youtu.be/GIRgsVIYG7I?t=6889
[1] https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-handte-httpbis-dict-sec/