Re: LS from 3GPP on QUIC network level troubleshooting capabilities

From: Ian Swett <ianswett@google.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Oct 2019 18:35:20 -0400
To: Lars Eggert <lars@eggert.org>
Cc: lionel.morand@orange.com, "httpbis-chairs@ietf.org" <httpbis-chairs@ietf.org>, "allison.mankin@gmail.com" <allison.mankin@gmail.com>, "quic-chairs@ietf.org" <quic-chairs@ietf.org>, Gonzalo Camarillo <gonzalo.camarillo@ericsson.com>, "ietf-http-wg@w3.org" <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>, "quic@ietf.org" <quic@ietf.org>, "quic-ads@ietf.org" <quic-ads@ietf.org>, "httpbis-ads@ietf.org" <httpbis-ads@ietf.org>
If the main concern is inability to passively measure packet loss and as
Lars said this is not for end-to-end user traffic(so support for certain
extensions could be assumed), then this could be a good test case for
draft-ferrieuxhamchaoui-quic-lossbits
<https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ferrieuxhamchaoui-quic-lossbits-01> to
prove it works as intended and see if the mechanism needs any changes.