Re: new type number versus repurpose of existing field | Re: SETTINGS_PRIORITY_SCHEME | Re: Setting to disable HTTP/2 Priorities

Note that it is not my suggestion to do the experiment this way. However,
one could theorise that the work required to support generating, sending,
receiving and processing new non-core frame types is greater than
implementing some conditional code inside the frame parser.

Yes frames are cheap, but they also offer an API surface that things get
sticky to. For example, reporting and metrics based on frame type counts
etc. That adds more overhead to an ad-hoc short-lived data-gathering
experiment.

Lucas