Re: [resend] SETTINGS_HTTP2_PRIORITY_MODEL (or SETTINGS_PRIORITY_SCHEME again) | Re: SETTINGS_ENABLE_HTTP2_PRIORITIES default value | Re: Setting to disable HTTP/2 Priorities

Hi Kari,

On Thu, Aug 01, 2019 at 08:09:16AM +0300, Kari Hurtta wrote:
> > I think the confusing part comes from the ENABLE word in the setting
> > name. We could proceed differently by exchanging a supported model
> > for priorities :  SETTINGS_HTTP2_PRIORITY_MODEL
> > It could then take the following values :
> >
> >     0 (default) : as specified in RFC7540
> >     1           : priorities not sent and silently ignored
> >     2 and above : to be documented in future specifications
> >
> > This way it seems more natural to consider that unless advertised, we
> > stay on RFC7540 and nothing changes.
> >
> > Willy
>
> This is almost same than my SETTINGS_PRIORITY_SCHEME suggestion.

Yes that's what I mentioned afterwards, I've read messages in different
order and found yours after I responded above :-)

Thus I fully support it of course.

> It have only 1 and 0 flipped.
>
> https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/ietf-http-wg/2019JulSep/0140.html

Yep. I tend to prefer keeping zero the default, it generally is easier
to assume that "unset == not changed from default". But this is a very
minor detail.

> Then incompatibility with HTTP/3's SETTINGS frame was cited.
>
> https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/ietf-http-wg/2019JulSep/0141.html

Noted as well.

Thanks,
Willy