Braid: Synchronization for HTTP

Hi all!

I'm writing to request review for a new extension to HTTP called Braid, which gives it the ability to synchronize changing state, rather than just transfer it. Braid integrates the power of Operational Transform and CRDTs with the web, improving network performance and robustness, and enabling peer-to-peer web applications.

At the same time, Braid creates an open standard for the dynamic internal state of websites.  Programmers can access state uniformly,  whether local or on another website.  This creates a separation of UI from State, and allows any user to edit or choose their own UI for any website's state.

We just published a first draft of the Braid protocol here: https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-toomim-braid-00 <https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-toomim-braid-00>. Additional resources are at https://braid.news.

As this is a new proposal, we are also looking for a home for its development. Is the HTTPWG interested in aspects of this work?

In any case, I look forward to seeing you in Montreal! This will be my second IETF meeting, and it was fun meeting many of you in Prague.

Michael