Re: The Refresh header is still with us

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel@haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2019 10:19:26 +0100 (CET)
To: "Soni L." <fakedme+http@gmail.com>
On Mon, 11 Mar 2019, Soni L. wrote:

> I do use Refresh and (deeply-nested) iframes for JS-less webapps. Not sure
> what the alternative is here, if any. But they're not redirects.

So what exactly do you expect this header to do? Refresh the entire page even
when just a sub resource response gets it? Is what what it happens? Is that
working cross-browser?

And why use a HTTP header for this, can't you just use a meta tag since you
are doing a web page after all? It seems like an odd layer mix to me.

--

  / daniel.haxx.se