Re: [Anima] Content-Transfer-Encoding and HTTP 1.x in ANIMA BRSKI

On 18-Jun-19 05:18, Panos Kampanakis (pkampana) wrote:
>> So effectively, the CTE header has effectively been dropped, but the payload is now assumed to be base64, regardless.
>> This suggests that we can not use the CTE header as a signal.

I went and looked at RFC4648 for my own education, and then spent a few minutes
trying to design a Turing machine that can distinguish a binary bit string from
a base64 bit string. Fail. You can determine that a bit string is definitely
not base64 if it contains at least one character outside the base64 alphabet,
but not the converse. So it needs a signal. Not having a signal would be wide
open to malicious misuse, IMHO. Indicating the length of the payload would be
enough, I think.

  Brian