Re: [Anima] Content-Transfer-Encoding and HTTP 1.x in ANIMA BRSKI

From: Michael Richardson <mcr+ietf@sandelman.ca>
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2019 12:20:17 -0400
To: "Panos Kampanakis \(pkampana\)" <pkampana@cisco.com>
cc: Eliot Lear <lear@cisco.com>, Carsten Bormann <cabo@tzi.org>, Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>, "draft-ietf-pkix-est\@ietf.org" <draft-ietf-pkix-est@ietf.org>, "ietf-http-wg\@w3.org" <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>, Anima WG <anima@ietf.org>

> Now, I don’t know how other EST clients would act. There are many out
> there by now that we can’t safely tell if they would act up.
> The commercial and enterprise CAs I tested with interoped fine with
> the libest client and they were not all sending the CTE field. They
> payload was base64 though.

I didn't read this well enough before.

So effectively, the CTE header has effectively been dropped, but the payload
is now assumed to be base64, regardless.

This suggests that we can not use the CTE header as a signal.
One has to assume base64 encoded values for the RFC7030 end-points.

 -= IPv6 IoT consulting =-