Re: [Anima] Content-Transfer-Encoding and HTTP 1.x in ANIMA BRSKI

Brian E Carpenter <brian.e.carpenter@gmail.com> wrote:
    >> There is no Content-Transfer-Encoding header field in HTTP. It is simply
    >> not needed.

    > Just as a matter of curiosity, what happened in HTTP1.1 to the fragment in
    > RFC2616 that says (under Content-MD5):

    > "The entity-body for composite
    > types MAY contain many body-parts, each with its own MIME and HTTP
    > headers (including Content-MD5, Content-Transfer-Encoding, and
    > Content-Encoding headers)."

yes, I was going to bring this up next :-)

    > This seems to be a source of confusion, e.g.
    > https://stackoverflow.com/questions/5169434/content-transfer-encoding-in-file-uploading-request
    > . RFC7030 uses a content type of application/pkcs7-mime. So is it
    > allowed to specify a MIME header?

I also found that while googling.

I went through the effort of doing a multipart *reply* in HTTP for
draft-ietf-anima-constrained-voucher, and I really found it hard to determine
what the MIME rules for *HTTP* were...

 -= IPv6 IoT consulting =-