Re: HTTP/2 Server Push and solid compression

On Tue, May 21, 2019 at 6:06 PM Felipe Gasper <felipe@felipegasper.com> wrote:
> I’m reminded of WebSocket’s “permessage-deflate” extension, which includes parameters for controlling the retention of compression context from message to message.
>
> Maybe such an approach for multiple compressed payloads in series would effectively eliminate the size difference?

But then later messages can be decompressed only after such retained
compression context has been discovered from the decompression of
earlier messages?  Whilst this could help to increase the compression
ratio of subsequent response "bundles" in the same session (at
increased server complexity/memory utilization), if used within a
"bundle" as proposed would it not present the same sequential access
problem that I described for .tar.gz in my previous message (and
thereby defeat advantages of HTTP/2 multiplexing)?

-- Alan