Re: exposing certificate information (current + upcoming)

As I understood Christophs use case, he wants to monitor CT logs for newly issued certificates for any domain of his. To verify that the new certificate was indeed obtained by one of his servers/devices he would like to ask them.

If the server does not list the cert as incoming, someone else might have spoofed the CA into issueing it.

This helps if a new cert is not immediately activated on the device running ACME. A delay of such activation is practically 0 on many servers, but can extend to days on others. With Apache, it is controlled by the admin. A server with several hundred or thousands hosted domains will aggregate restarts most likely, for example.

The idea of an automated domain monitor that can warns you within a short time that a renewal was not done by the box handling the domain, seems legit.

- Stefan