Re: Weak validators in conditional requests

Eduard,

> On 4 Sep 2018, at 9:09 pm, Eduard Bagdasaryan <eduard.bagdasaryan@measurement-factory.com> wrote:
>
> Yes, it is stated there, but only about If-Match and If-None-Match
> headers. What about If-Modified-Since, If-Unmodified-Since
> and If-Range?

In 723x, the strong vs. weak comparison function distinction is only defined for ETags, not for Last-Modified. The requirements on comparison for LM are defined here:
  https://httpwg.org/specs/rfc7232.html#lastmod.comparison

For If-Range, 7233 says:

"""
A server that evaluates an If-Range precondition MUST use the strong comparison function when comparing entity-tags (Section 2.3.2 of [RFC7232]) and MUST evaluate the condition as false if an HTTP-date validator is provided that is not a strong validator in the sense defined by Section 2.2.2 of [RFC7232].
"""

https://httpwg.org/specs/rfc7233.html#header.if-range

Cheers,

--