Re: Weak validators in conditional requests

Note that the phrase "Weak entity-tags are now allowed..."
is taken from RFC7232 Appendix A, describing differences
with RFC2616. It would be pointless to change it
into "weak *validators* are now allowed..." without fixing the
corresponding RFC7232 sections (3.3, 3.4 and 3.5). In other
words, your suggestion would require adding
"A recipient MUST use the weak comparison function..." into
3.3, 3.4 and 3.5 sections.

Also, my second question about 206 responses remains unanswered: