Re: Ben Campbell's Yes on draft-ietf-httpbis-expect-ct-07: (with COMMENT)

> On Sep 12, 2018, at 11:11 AM, Mark Nottingham <mnot@mnot.net> wrote:
>

>> On 12 Sep 2018, at 9:06 am, Ben Campbell <ben@nostrum.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Mark,
>>
>> Just one comment-question :-)

>>> Pretty much everything in HTTP is done at second granularity; deviating from that would be odd IMO.
>>
>> I certainly don’t have all the HTTP uses of time intervals loaded in my head--are time intervals on the order of “1 month” commonly used elsewhere?
>
> In that sort of syntax, no. The desired semantic is often something like that, but the syntax is almost invariably integer-number-of-seconds.

I’m not entirely sure I follow, but I think you are saying that it is common to have month-long time intervals that are specified in seconds. Is that correct?

In any case, it’s a non-blocking comment. If there’s good reason (e.g. “the parsers all already understand seconds”) to do this in seconds I’m okay with it.