Re: [DNSOP] [Doh] Resolverless DNS Side Meeting in Montreal

On 7/10/18 12:55 PM, Joe Abley wrote:
> On Jul 10, 2018, at 18:02, Adam Roach <adam@nostrum.com> wrote:
>
>> In large part because DNS provides "a richer scheme that accommodates address families and multiple addresses with priorities".
> *cups hand to ear*
>
> Was that the sound of a distant desire to specify use of SRV for HTTP?

Speaking personally (that is: this position may be at odds with any
number of organizations I'm affiliated with), I've been sad for a very
long time that SRV didn't take off as the entry point for doing all
name/service resolution. Maintaining a service-to-port map in 2018 seems
as quaint as if we were still having to manually set and de-conflict IRQ
values on PC peripherals. This is way off-topic, though -- if you want
to continue, find another venue and let me know (or we can find a time
to commiserate over beers in Montreal if you prefer).

/a