Re: New Version Notification for draft-cdn-loop-prevention-00.txt

--------
In message <61558315-BD09-4B11-A7DB-E2B6AF34028A@mnot.net>, Mark Nottingham writes:

>The problem with something like Max-Forwards is that it requires all
>participants to actively process it. CDN-Loop works because I can insert
>my token and look for it in requests; if it appears, I know there's some
>sort of loop.

As long as nobody in the loop removes the header, it will eventually
do its job if just one proxy in the loop decrements and tests it for zero.

A header which exposes the layering of the full sandwich is at the
very least worrisome from a security point of view.