Re: New Version Notification for draft-cdn-loop-prevention-00.txt

On Mon, Jul 2, 2018 at 12:03 AM Mark Nottingham <mnot@mnot.net> wrote:

> (Co-author hat on)
>
> For interest / discussion. This is a proposal for a minimal mechanism to avoid loop attacks and misconfigurations against CDNs. Feedback appreciated.

I like the fact that this essentially is just a requirement to make
the request slightly bigger every time it goes through a host, and
ends up relying on the fact that some implementation defined limit
(individual header size or total header size) will eventually be hit,
which means that it doesn't have to specify how loops need to be
enforced.

Frederik