Re: Working Group Last Call: Bootstrapping WebSockets with HTTP/2

Hi,

I would like to propose to add some language to the specification about
END_STREAM flag on DATA frames.  The example in Section 5.1
<https://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-ietf-httpbis-h2-websockets-01.html#rfc.section.5.1>
indicates END_STREAM on the last DATA frames, but these is no other mention
of this flag.  Chromium's implementation currently does not set the
END_STREAM flag on any DATA frames sent, but instead resets the stream when
it's destructed, which I do not believe is the most elegant approach.

Something along the lines of "Peers MUST set the END_STREAM flag (defined
in RFC7540 Section 6.1) on any DATA frame sent that contains the entirety
of or the last fragment of a WebSocket Close frame (defined in RFC6455
Section 5.5.1).", appended to the end of Section 5, just above 5.1.

RFC6455 Section 5.5.1 <https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc6455#section-5.5.1>
states that "The application MUST NOT send any more data frames after
sending a Close frame.", which aligns well with HTTP/2 stream states
<http://httpwg.org/specs/rfc7540.html#StreamStates>, so this feels like the
natural thing to do.

Cheers,

Bence