Re: I-D Action: draft-ietf-httpbis-rand-access-live-03.txt

Thank you for your response.

My failure considerations are not around a server failing to acquire live
content, but the scenario when the server itself fails, resulting in the
connection to the client to close and the client may reconnect. In this scenario
(which can be complicated further by having n servers fronted by a load
balancer, which each server reporting different byte ranges for the same asset)
it's not clear to me from the document what a client may do, however as you put
it this may be too format specific to introduce into the specification. Perhaps
there is benefit to including something like:

    "A client that may have been disconnected and wishing to continue to receive
    only newly-aggregated portions SHOULD perform a HEAD request to learn of any
    potential changes in the range available before making a subsequent GET".

I hope that clears the point I'm trying to make.

Regards