Re: Eric Rescorla's No Objection on draft-ietf-httpbis-origin-frame-04: (with COMMENT)

Hi EKR,

On 7 Jan 2018, at 1:11 pm, Eric Rescorla <ekr@rtfm.com> wrote:
>   The ORIGIN HTTP/2 frame ([RFC7540], Section 4) allows a server to
>   indicate what origin(s) [RFC6454] the server would like the client to
> The citation here is to the frame format. I think you could make this clearer
> and also point the user to that section for the conventions,

Did this comment get truncated?

>   The ORIGIN frame type is 0xc (decimal 12), and contains zero to many
>   Origin-Entry.
> Nit: "zero or more" is conventional

Will be in -05.

>      serialization of an origin ([RFC6454], Section 6.2) that the
>      sender believes this connection is or could be authoritative for.
> What are the semantics of a zero-length origin entry? It seems like an odd
> thing to allow.

I suppose, but so is an origin-entry with a length of 1 (since it needs to be a FQDN, effectively). Where do we draw the line? The semantics are defined above the syntax.

>   Note that for a connection to be considered authoritative for a given
>   origin, the client is still required to obtain a certificate that
>   passes suitable checks; see [RFC7540] Section 9.1.1 for more
> "Obtain" seems confusing here. Perhaps "the server is still required to
> authenticate using"

Could you please provide complete text? This section has been agonised over a fair amount.

>   viable connection to an origin open at any time.  When this occurs,
>   clients SHOULD not emit new requests on any connection whose Origin
>   Set is a proper subset of another connection's Origin Set, and SHOULD
> Nit: SHOULD NOT

Will be in -05.

Thanks!

--