Re: FW: New Version Notification for draft-bishop-httpbis-grease-00.txt

We're still trying to walk the line of having similar frame types at the same code points between the two. While reserving values for GREASE doesn't break that per se, it is a big reservation on the other side of the fence.

Sent from Nine<http://www.9folders.com/>
________________________________
From: Patrick McManus <mcmanus@ducksong.com>
Sent: Thursday, May 24, 2018 5:24 PM
To: Martin Thomson
Cc: Patrick McManus; Mike Bishop; HTTP Working Group
Subject: Re: FW: New Version Notification for draft-bishop-httpbis-grease-00.txt

I said its probably _not_ too late for h2 :)

(I'm just contrasting that with its definitely not too late for hq - mike had suggesting gating hq grease on h2 grease and that doesn't seem necessary to me.)

On Thu, May 24, 2018 at 8:04 PM, Martin Thomson <martin.thomson@gmail.com<mailto:martin.thomson@gmail.com>> wrote:
On Fri, May 25, 2018 at 9:44 AM Patrick McManus <mcmanus@ducksong.com<mailto:mcmanus@ducksong.com>>
wrote:
> Its probably not too late for h2,

Can I infer from this that you think that the ORIGIN frame will cause
things to break?  Or is your assertion that servers are the broken ones?

Either way, I'm inclined to do this for h2.  There's a cost in bustage that
we pay, but the payoff might be that we can use new frame types.