Re: Working Group Last Call: Bootstrapping WebSockets with HTTP/2

On 03/28/2018 11:48 PM, Mark Nottingham wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> Patrick (as editor) has incorporated the discussion from London and believes this is ready for WGLC; there are no open issues.
>
> Please have a look at:
>    https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-httpbis-h2-websockets-01
>
> ... and bring up any issues on-list or on its issues list; likewise statements of support (or otherwise) for publication on-list would be appreciated.

Hello,

I am finalizing a server implementation. Just tried it against Chrome
and things work as intended, with and without permessage-deflate.

I was a little surprised to see that the value for
SETTINGS_ENABLE_CONNECT_PROTOCOL (0x8) is only defined in the IANA
considerations.

I would +1 the need for some language on the END_STREAM flag, including
how endpoints should behave when END_STREAM (or RST_STREAM) is sent on
the stream without a close frame. I assume it's the same behavior as if
an HTTP/1.1 Websocket connection was improperly closed but it would be
nice to have confirmation.

Thanks for the great spec!

Cheers,

--