HTTP2: ETag, If-None-Match, and RST_STREAM

From: Felipe Gasper <felipe@felipegasper.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2017 17:51:43 -0500
To: ietf-http-wg@w3.org
Hello,

	Does HTTP/2 expect that a browser that:

1) Receives a PUSH_PROMISE with if-none-match = "hahaha"

2) Has that resource cached but with etag = "qweqwe"

… will accept the new copy of the resource rather than sending RST_STREAM and using its cache?

	I’ve been testing this and can’t seem to get it to work this way. It keeps using the cache every time, even when I send a new etag. I’ve dug around several articles today on HTTP/2 caching, and I can’t find this level of detail in any of them. I’m not sure if my server setup is at fault, if the browsers are at fault, or if this just isn’t how it’s meant to work.

	Thank you!

-Felipe Gasper
Mississauga, Ontario