Re: Working Group Last Call for Using Early Data in HTTP

On Fri, Dec 8, 2017 at 11:28 AM, David Benjamin <davidben@chromium.org> wrote:
> Thus, If you are okay performing that action without replay protection, then
> you're cool with any arrangement. If you are not okay performing that action
> without replay protection, then *none* of your servers should do so. This
> can be achieved, on a per-server basis in several ways:
>
> 1. Don't turn on 0-RTT.
> 2. If (1) is too much because you want 0-RTT in other cases, delay
> processing.
> 3. If (2) is too much because you don't like buffering, send a 425.

That's a good point and one we don't capture properly.  The point
about consistency needs to be on classification, not reaction.

I've opened a PR that tries to capture this, though I omit any
dependency between steps.

https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/446