Re: New Version Notification for draft-nottingham-structured-headers-00.txt

On 11/04/2017 06:38 AM, Willy Tarreau wrote:
> *existing* frameworks are not even able to
> parse anything outside -2^31 and 2^31-1 nor have the types needed for this
> and these ones are currently being used in various products.

Moreover, virtually all existing frameworks have bugs when processing
things _inside_ that 32-bit range, even though they have the types
needed for that range.

No matter what we define as Structured Headers, there will be many
implementation bugs. Our goal should be

* a standard that a good developer can implement correctly without major
hassles,

rather than

* a standard that an implementation by an average developer cannot screw up.

I have not heard arguments why the former cannot use 64-bit integers.
The latter is impossible to design IMO.

Alex.