Re: New Version Notification for draft-nottingham-structured-headers-00.txt

--------
In message <20171030060251.GB28950@1wt.eu>, Willy Tarreau writes:
>On Mon, Oct 30, 2017 at 02:38:19PM +0900, Kazuho Oku wrote:

>Instead I think that explaining very common implementation limits to be
>expected in field (eg: 2^31-1, 2^32-1 and 2^63-1 for integers) would
>help implementors decide what to support and what not. Ie if it's not
>harder to support 2^63 than 2^32 for integers, better do it.

... unless your programming language thinks all numbers are
floating-point.

The 15 digit limit is to make sure that numbers will not loose
precision in a floating-point double, while still being sufficiently
large for any byte-count a HTTP header can expect to ever see.