Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-nottingham-structured-headers-00.txt

PHK and I have been talking in the background about how to progress the "Common Headers" work item.

Last week we put together a straw-man of what I thought we might want the eventual product to look like. Please have a look; it'd be interesting to see how close/far this is from where we want to go.

Note that it *is* pretty thrown together, and there are a couple of TBDs. I'm also certain that the algorithms are buggy as can be.

The interesting things to discuss here IMO are:

* Are the basic data types offered the right ones? Too many, too few?
* Should parameters on parameterised labels be ordered or unordered (since writing that, I've found a use case for ordered)?
* Are the limited levels of structure (most complex being a list of parameterised labels) sufficient?
* Is limiting size and number of elements appropriate? Are the limits proposed the right ones (warning: bikeshed)?
* Is saying that non-ASCII content can use the binary content type + UTF-8 sufficient?
* Is the parsing too strict, not strict enough, or just right?

Etc.

Cheers,

P.S. Pretty version at:
  https://mnot.github.io/I-D/structured-headers/