Re: [hybi] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-mcmanus-httpbis-h2-websockets-01.txt

On Thu, Oct 26, 2017 at 7:07 PM, Martin Thomson <martin.thomson@gmail.com>
wrote:

> One thing that using :protocol suggests to me is that we need a new status
> code for thi

the existing, inherited, CONNECT rule is that 2xx means OK and anything
else means no tunnel. Is defining something better than 501 going to help
the client do something useful?

s, just in case someone asks for an unsupported protocol.  And you probably
> want a registry for :protocol values (yay).

ha! So I actually re-used the existing Upgrade registry for this. Was that
too rude? I also coming around to naming the pseudo-header :upgrade for
simplicity sake even though its not a great descriptor without a lot of
context.