Re: [hybi] New Version Notification for draft-mcmanus-httpbis-h2-websockets-00.txt

On Mon, Oct 16, 2017 at 2:08 PM, Andy Green <andy@warmcat.com> wrote:
> I think you misunderstood something... as it is he has to wait for the
> SETTINGs to tell him it's possible, wait for the CONNECT and response and
> wait for the ws handshake to go through before he can send something.

No, I'm just saying that if you proceed like the CONNECT will work,
then you can save an RTT over that.  Given that you have a clear
indication that the server accepts WS, then you don't need to worry
about this.

Keep in mind that you don't have to wait a round trip for the server
SETTINGS frame in TLS 1.3.  That means that you aren't saving much
with any of these extra steps.