Re: Call For Adoption HTTPbis BCP56bis

Pro

I also think we should do more to highlight existing (good/bad) uses of HTTP as the substrate/transport (IPP, CoAP, etc.) and to make specific recommendations about implementing authentication and access control (including the use of Expect: 100-continue in POST requests).

Particularly for IPP, we have 20 years of implementation experience with billions of printers - there have definitely been some bumps in the road and some implementers still grumble about using HTTP, but HTTP has served us well and allowed us to grow and adapt.