Re: Questions and comments about draft-ietf-httpbis-replay-00

On Fri, Sep 29, 2017 at 9:19 AM, Kyle Rose <krose@krose.org> wrote:
> The TLS draft does call the client's Random a "nonce", so hopefully
> that is sufficiently normative that a repeated ClientHello is
> exceptionally unlikely.

I've just removed the offending text.  Thanks.

On Fri, Sep 29, 2017 at 9:33 AM, Kyle Rose <krose@krose.org> wrote:
> That said, I fear any language here will either be too specific and
> therefore wrong, or too general and therefore permit some undesirable
> origin server behavior.

I think that the intent is clear enough.  If not from here, from
elsewhere in the draft.  As Mark says, the text is correct from the
standpoint of the established terms in 7231 (I also find this obtuse
and arcane, you aren't the only one).  So I think that we might just
have to leave it.