Re: HTTPBis Call For Adoption: Using Early Data in HTTP [aka Replay]

On Wed, Aug 09, 2017 at 03:25:00PM +0000, Patrick McManus wrote:
> https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-thomson-http-replay-01.txt
>
> We've been discussing the risks of algorithms around early data both on the
> list and face to face recently in Prague. This draft from Martin, Wily, and
> Mark has obviously been the nexus of that conversation and the group
> informally signaled support for adding it as a working group item during
> the recent meeting.
>
> Please state whether you support adoption, and ideally why. Expressions of
> interest in implementation would also be very helpful.
>
> We'll wait at least a week to make a decision, but hopefully we can move
> quickly here.

I support adoption and intend to implement this. Due to, uhm, architectural
difficulties, implementing the delay of early HTTP requests until handshake
completion has been more annoying than originally thought, and the new 4nn
status code provides a much simpler alternative. I also welcome standardisation
in the way intermediaries signal early data requests to origins.

Cheers