Re: Semantics of multiple 103s in Early Hints

> On 9 Aug 2017, at 8:45 pm, Willy Tarreau <w@1wt.eu> wrote:
>
>   A server MAY emit multiple 103 (Early Hints) responses with additional
>   header fields as new information become available while the request is
>   being processed. It does not need to repeat the fields that were
>   already emitted, though it is doesn't have to exclude them either. The
>   client will consider the union of all header fields received in multiple
>   103 (Early Hints) responses when anticipating the list of header fields
>   expected in the final response.
>
> I think that adding an example like this one would cover all situations :
>
>  HTTP/1.1 103 Early Hints
>  Link: </main.css>; rel=preload; as=style
>
>  HTTP/1.1 103 Early Hints
>  Link: </style.css>; rel=preload; as=style
>  Link: </script.js>; rel=preload; as=script
>
>  HTTP/1.1 200 OK
>  Date: Fri, 26 May 2017 10:02:11 GMT
>  Link: </main.css>; rel=preload; as=style
>  Link: </newstyle.css>; rel=preload; as=style
>  Link: </script.js>; rel=preload; as=script

FWIW +1 from me. You might want to s/will/can/ -- remember, these are hints, so the client can selectively ignore any or all of them (I don't *think* we want to say that if you pay attention to hints, you have to process them all, do we?)

Cheers,

--
Mark Nottingham   https://www.mnot.net/