Re: Geolocation header

On 04.08.2017 16:47, Luis Barguñó Jané wrote:

>>         I was thinking off the top of my head, the removal of
>>         JavaScript presents some opportunity for User Agents to make
>>         use of a feature that they’ve not had yet.
>>
>>     not really, because, there is nearly not any site which has NO JS ...
>>
> That is not true. Even sites that support JS, provide experiences with
> no JS to optimize bandwidth.
Do not talk about supporting JS, they DO REQUIRE JS, as experimental
with no JS, DOES NOT mean, they don't need JS ...
> The cost of sending down JS to use the geolocation API is much higher
> than a header-based solution.
take it serious ...,
in times nearly no site integrates any sorts of tracking, we need not
talk about such an optimization;
removing the tracking shit optimizes more, and can be done without any
need of extending HTTP ...