Re: Review of draft-thomson-http-replay-latest

On Thu, Aug 3, 2017 at 8:50 PM, Martin Thomson <martin.thomson@gmail.com>
wrote:

> This second model is actually what we arrived at, but likely failed to
> articulate well.
>
> However, I think that you need to at least recognize the first model
> to be entirely safe.

I do recognize this.

> As I noted in #28 above, even if the handshake
> completes, it doesn't mean that the once-early data is entirely safe.

I am not sure I can read that from #28, I seem to read it as the opposite?
I might be confused here.

I am not sure I understand in which sense it's not safe.

> This goes back to the need for consistent handling.

Could you elaborate on the concept of consistent handling?  I've read #27,
and I still can't quite understand what problem you are trying to solve.

In practice, this won't do anything other than change the name.
> Keeping the focus on mechanics makes this somewhat more concrete, I
> think.

Agreed.