Re: New Version Notification for draft-thomson-http-replay-00.txt

On Fri, Jul 28, 2017 at 09:37:37AM +1000, Martin Thomson wrote:
> The requirement to treat requests consistently is something we should
> retain no matter what the outcome of this discussion is.

This can be one of the strong prerequisites in the spec. After all the
problem is generalized. Early data come with high risks of replay and
every user need to be careful when using them, both clients which should
only use it for safe requests, and servers which need to be prepared to
handle it safely. The reason I refused to implement support for this in
haproxy precisely is because of the lack of a strict policy around it
making it dangerous. If the text is strong enough and the risks are
clear, it can really be a great feature.

Willy