Re: Using SRV records with a http Web Service

Following a discussion a year or so ago I put together a (now-expired) I-D
that attempts to address many of these use-cases while also providing a
mechanism to effectively communicate ALT-SVC via the DNS:

           https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-nygren-service-bindings-00

I've collected a bunch of feedback since then and am overdue
for publishing an updated version.

       Erik