Re: SSL/TLS everywhere fail

--------
In message <FCF50BFC-3C9F-49EE-BA31-FE345A597446@lukasa.co.uk>, Cory Benfield writes:

>However, I think it is a dereliction of duty for this WG to not
>address the requirements of a key distribution system in anything we
>want to standardise.

I agree that if there were *no* key-distribtion available that
then it would be pointless to bless that draft.

But there *are* key-distributions available, most notably PSK.

>Yes, PSK is clearly totally acceptable. The draft should say so.

You know, I'd actually prefer the draft isn't bloated with
boilerplate text like that.  It should concentrate on the
task at hand and simply caution:

  "We remind the reader that Key-distribution is the only really
  hard cryptographic problem, do not take it lightly."