Re: Call for Adoption: Encrypted Content Encoding

> On 4 Dec 2015, at 06:48, Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@phk.freebsd.dk> wrote:
>
> --------
> In message <CY1PR03MB1374F4624E72D157F1F4FF48870D0@CY1PR03MB1374.namprd03.prod.
> outlook.com>, Mike Bishop writes:
>
> If I havn't done so before:
>
> +1 because this is what encryption sensibly should look like to stand a
> fair chance of being acceptable to modern societies.

(Replying to Poul-Henning, but this is a question for Mike and Grahame as well):

Earlier in this thread I raised a concern I have about the way this draft accesses keys. In particular, it does not appear to specify any requirement that keys be tied to specific origins or in some way limited in scope: a conforming implementation would be able to have a single global registry of keys that can be used to decrypt content coming from anywhere.

I believe this represents a security risk and should either be addressed in Section 6, or this draft should be accompanied by another that specifies key management in this case.

Can you elaborate on whether you believe my concern is valid or not? If not, why not? If yes, it would be helpful to hear that from you so that I don’t think I’m losing my mind.

Cory