Re: Call for Adoption: Encrypted Content Encoding

On 30.11.2015 13:22, Amos Jeffries wrote:
> The point of this draft is the same. When anything is encrypted with
> intentio that the recipient acts on the decrypted content in ways
> other than saving it to a file - the sender emits the appropriate C-E
> header that says its crypted (and how). Such that the recipient can
> decrypt if/when it has the ability.
in comparison to encrypted end-to-end encrypted E-mails, there is the
same problem; this draft is the same bad idea than the
publishing the public keys to the wide ...

I don't say that the malware detection on client side is not as good as
that on any server side; I'd say,
that the chance to detect malware is better when it is not only at one
pont: the client;

just think of the following case:

someone has implemented this draft; that everybody downloading the so
uploaded data trusts the server owner ...
and it absolutely nonsense that the webadmin itself can't clearly open
the file natively on the server, because its encrypted ...

data exchange is good, but this way its more than stupid;

there doesn't exist any really USEFUL use case ...