Re: Adjustments to our work mode - please read

> On 7 Oct 2015, at 11:07 am, Eliot Lear (elear) <elear@cisco.com> wrote:
>
> Where at that link do you discuss the interaction with the mailing list or anything else in that message?  Please quote because I can't find it, as I wrote.

The points from my original e-mail were these:

> - Summarise (with links) the design issues closed by each draft when it is announced on this list

From [1]: "When a new draft is published, the design issues that have been closed since the last draft will be highlighted on the mailing list, to aid reviewers."

> - Allow issues to be re-opened when someone brings substantive new information (as always)

From [1]: "If substantive new information is brought to our attention, issues can be reopened by the Chair."

> - Allow those who do not wish to use the issues list to comment on this mailing list

From [1]: "Design issues require discussion and consensus in the Working Group. This discussion can happen both in the issue and on the Working Group mailing list."

This is not in [1]. Do you think it should be there? I was planning on adding it elsewhere on the site.

So what exactly can't you find -- are you looking for something else that isn't above, or did you just fail to find the link even though I gave the title, or...? Please be as precise as you can, as I'm getting frustrated pointing out the same information to you repeatedly, and I don't *think* you're enjoying this either.

I have no doubt that [1] can be improved -- indeed, after some offline discussion with Ted, there are a number of ways I think we can make it a more friendly and complete document -- especially around how decisions are made (which is more about reminding people how consensus works in the IETF and relating that to the work mode). However, most WGs don't have any such document, so I'm finding it a bit ironic to hear you rail about "transparency."

Cheers,

[1] https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/blob/master/CONTRIBUTING.md

--
Mark Nottingham   https://www.mnot.net/