lists in header fields, was: How to reset ALTSVC

On 2015-08-27 07:07, Julian Reschke wrote:
>> Also, since "clear" clears entries including the ones in the same
>> header, why could there be multiple alt-values?  Would instead of
>>
>> Alt-Svc       = 1#alt-value
>> alt-value     = clear / ( alternative *( OWS ";" OWS parameter ) )
>>
>> the following:
>>
>> Alt-Svc       = clear / 1#alt-value
>> alt-value     = alternative *( OWS ";" OWS parameter )
>>
>> not make more sense?
>
> It would, but we are constrained by the HTTP header field semantics. A
> header field value is either list-shaped or it is not. We can't choose
> based on the field contents.

But then, RFC 7231 has (in
<http://greenbytes.de/tech/webdav/rfc7231.html#header.vary>):

>   Vary = "*" / 1#field-name

I'm not totally happy with this, but it's a precedent and maybe I'm just
too pedantic :-)

Are people ok with changing the definition as proposed by Bence Béky, or
should I open a ticket for rfc7231bis?

Best regards, Julian