Re: HTTP2 server-side stream creation

On 10 July 2015 at 13:06, Amos Jeffries <squid3@treenet.co.nz> wrote:
> I think this extension should mean only that the sender (normally
> client) is agreeing to be a server in the context of this whole
> connection. The recipient may then perform stream initiation as per the
> specifiation for how clients initiate streams to a server.

So it seems like this would be fundamentally different to what I'm
proposing, unless I've misunderstood you. Your proposal is basically
entirely isomorphic to the Reverse HTTP draft, allowing the client and
server to swap over. That still leaves us in the situation where a
server that wants to become a client (to deliver a message) is out of
luck. What it doesn't allow is for both endpoints to be initiating
streams by sending requests simultaneously. Is that understanding
correct?