Re: HTTP2 server-side stream creation

From: Cory Benfield <cory@lukasa.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 8 Jul 2015 21:13:18 +0100
Cc: Mike Bishop <Michael.Bishop@microsoft.com>, Amos Jeffries <squid3@treenet.co.nz>, "ietf-http-wg@w3.org" <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>
To: Ilari Liusvaara <ilari.liusvaara@elisanet.fi>

> On 8 Jul 2015, at 20:03, Ilari Liusvaara <ilari.liusvaara@elisanet.fi> wrote:
>
> "This limits some of the restrictions of RFC 7540  [RFC7540] Section 8."
>
> s/limits/lifts/  (dunno)?

Great spot, thanks.

> Also, I think that for bidirectional push to work, one also needs lift
> the restriction that server can't set push enabled flag (RFC7540,
> section 8.2, last paragraph).

I think you’re right, but I think this is symptomatic of a broader point, which is that any setting that is dependent on the idea of a ‘client’ or a ‘server’ needs to be rethought. In the case of RFC 7540 I think you’re right that this is only SETTINGS_ENABLE_PUSH, but a note should be made for the case where this extension is combined with others.

I’ve applied some draft updates in response to this feedback. Thanks!

Cory