Re: [Moderator Action] Header addition with HTTP 2.0

From: Bence Béky <bnc@google.com>
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2015 20:00:02 +0000
To: Vimala Tadepalli <vimla.c@gmail.com>
Cc: HTTP <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>
Hi,

On Mon, Mar 30, 2015 at 5:34 PM, Vimala Tadepalli <vimla.c@gmail.com> wrote:
> In HTTP 2.0, can i do this?
> If a header is added at firewall, client and server dynamic tables might go
> out of sync. Will it cause any issues?

Good question.  My understanding is that the firewall is supposed to
re-encode the header.  That is, it should maintain a dynamic table on
its connection with the client that stays in sync with that of the
client, decode the header block using this dynamic table, and
re-encode it towards the server using a context that is in sync with
the server.

Cheers,

Bence