Re: Alt-Svc and HSTS

so I would agree that hsts and OE wouldn't be expected to be on the same
host. HSTS is used to get an always-https:// semantic and OE is used when
you are accessing an http:// url. HSTS is better simply because https:// is
better.

Normally any http:// access would get redirected manually on a site to
https:// if the HSTS directive wasn't stored on the client yet (and the
https response would populate the directive on the client).. future http://
accesses have their origins automatically redirected inside the client to
https.. so there really isn't a role for OE there.

However you might want to use Alt-Svc within https for load balancing or
shedding purposes.

-P